- The nominee must be a member of MATE and must currently teach in Manitoba.
- The nominee must be actively involved in the classroom instruction of English Language Arts at any level from kindergarten to grade 12.
- The nominee must know of his/her nomination.
- A nomination letter must be submitted by a sponsor and co-sponsor. It must include the following:
- Name of nominee, school where presently teaching, school address, and phone number.
- Name and signature of sponsor, position, address, and phone number.
- Name and signature of co-sponsor, position, address and phone number.
- A written rationale for recommendation of the nominee.
- A résumé of the nominee must be submitted. It should include the following details:
- Educational and professional experience
- Service to professional and/or community organizations
- Area of English Language Arts that the nominee has taught and is presently teaching
- Any other supporting material may be submitted by the sponsor and co-sponsor. The recipient will receive a keepsake plaque presented by the previous year’s recipient. In his/her absence, the current President of the Association will present the award. The MATE executive will be responsible for reviewing nominations and selecting the recipient.
The nominator of the award recipient will receive a $50 gift card to McNally-Robinson.
Deadline: June 30th, 2020
Mail nominations to:
C/O Elizabeth Bourbonniere
295 Sutton Ave.
Or e-mail: email@example.com