MATE On-line MENTORS
Are you a teacher-candidate or a teacher in your first five years who has questions about ANYTHING related to the
ELA classroom at ANY level?
The MATE On-line MENTORS are In! Combined, we have hundreds of years of classroom experience with all grade levels, K - University.
We can offer help and/or feedback on a myriad of ELA-related topics, such as:
• putting together thematic literary units
• working with a specific novel, short story or poem
• creating meaningful group learning activities
• handling the marking load
• encouraging participation during class discussions & activities
• assessing creative writing and oral presentations
…and just about anything else you can think of!
Email your query to email@example.com and it will be forwarded to the Mentor
who has the most expertise in that area.
Our MATE Executive members are looking forward to assisting you!
1) Ideas for Creating a Literary Community in your Classroom
Download Resource 1
2) Found Poems
Download Resource 2
3) A Personal Literary Anthology
Download Resource 3
4) Reader – Writer Workshops
Download Resource 4